Monday 18 February 2008

there are just some days you won't forget

i know as you read my blogs you must think that my life has been nothing but crazy fun adventures and everything is amazing. but the truth of the matter is it hasn't been so rosy colored all the time.
there are so many things that have really changed me since i've been here and in turn has helped me learn a lot. without this whole experience here there are some life lessons that i might not have figured out. true a lot were the hard way but those are the ones you don't forget right?

well this was one of those days when you realized all that things really can turn around.

++++++

The weather happened to be insanely nice last weekend. It was 21 C/ 78F degrees! This is incredibly warmer than it usually is since its usually about 5C. Well the sun was shining and I was skating to my tramstop jamming with my headphones on going to my water polo game on Saturday. I left a little early and took a tour through the forest before I had to catch the train.

We played won our game and had to take pictures for some photo shoot for the European League we're in. That was fun since we were running around the pool and doing silly things. Then our team decided to go out on the town. I thought it was really nice since we are finally doing something all together. I felt like we were only teammates and nothing more but after this its a lot closer. That is always good. I stayed at my friend Nina's house and we had a blast being the last ones out :)

The next morning I woke up and was super happy since the sun was still shining and I decided to meet Meike to go to the beach in Den Haag called Schevningen. I was a bit tired but as soon as I met Meike I was totally recharged. We had fun bouncing all around and talking too much and not paying attention to where we needed to go. We managed to get to the beach and were completely transformed.

We sat down and ate some fish on the beach just listening to the waves eating and talking about everything and everyone. We walked around without any shoes on and made drip sand castles. Meike brought her kite which we tried to fly with the tiny gust of wind that was there. It was pretty hilraious since we kept stumbling into the mini lake that was on the beach.

Then we made "the lady". We started making this lady which turned into a mermaid. It came out so cool! We were like little kids running back and forth to the water to collect shells and bring them to put on the mermaid's tale. Its pretty funny since people talk about me and meike in dutch but have no idea that we can both understand them! haha. It was great though. here is one of me and the lady thanks to meike's blog!



Since the trains weren't working for me to go back home I decided to trek to the other side of the country to Meike's house for dinner. As usual it was amazing, amazing food and great conversations. There family is so cute and it was nice that they were all there. Including my future husband ;) haha.

Meike and i escaped to meike's forest for some star gazing and tea drinking. And yeah so we go with our bikes to a place with no lights. Yup and my bike was the only one with the light. and we had no flashlight. muahaha. and it was a little bit muddy. it was hilarious since i had to cycle fast to keep the light going but i couldn't since i didn't know where the heck i was going! in the mudd too!! We had an amazing laugh about it.

When we got back I just checked my email really quickly and found out that I got funding to work at the EUROPEAN SPACE AGENCY!!!! Everyone was sleeping in the house so we had to do our wonderful silent celebrations :) It is so RIDICULOUSLY COOOOOOLLL!! i mean just one more step towards world domination. I am going to be looking at trying to find planets that are close to the same size as ours around other suns. It is pretty sexy work I think. We will call my planet, "Planet Britt" woohoo. and we can tell engineer jon to get us there while meike draws pictures on the outside ;)

Yeah so basically to top off an already amazing weekend of just smiles and good times, I find out that I am going to be working in a pretty amazing place. Next time someone says, What are you a rocket scientist? I can say well...

+++
pictures are all on meike's camera which will come soon ;)

4 comments:

Liz said...

So what does this funding mean?? Are you staying in Europe??? When are you due back here anyway?

Snowy said...

I personally think you should name the planet Broey. Or Jitt. Yeah, Jitt is cool.

Liz said...

AAAAhahahahahaa!!! It could be a 2 planet system.. broey and jitt... get it? haha. ha...

Am I the only one laughing?

Nooy said...

LOL I'm laughing too!
Weeeeee! yeah Britt! with spring comes hope.. same sh*t every wonter though ;)
Hey.. did you have facebook or myspace? you should add my bro's band- running downhill if you can find it, otherwise let me know! CD is almost done!

P.S.: I could be a sattellite to your planet!